Our garments are made with a reverence for the art of tailoring. We are confident that our products will be worn with pride, for years. If you have any doubts, questions or concerns and are dissatisfied with your item(s) please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org All returns received within 14 days of purchase will be credited to the original form of payment. Please allow up to 14 business days for processing. All returns received after 14 days will be eligible for a shop credit. Items returned for exchange will be refunded and a new order will be processed and charged. Please allow up to 10 business days for processing an exchange.
OUR INDUSTRY IMPACT
Part of our ethos has always been: make things better. The byproduct is a longer lasting, harder wearing garment that can last a lifetime. Our Fabrics are sourced from the best mills in the world in Italy and the United Kingdom. Our Atelier is as close to vertically integrated tailoring as you can get. After sourcing the fabrics, we handle 95% of all production in house (the remaining 5% accounts for buttons, zippers, canvassing materials etc. that we do not produce ourselves). From our Atelier, we delivery your garments READY TO FINISH or in the case of our knitwear, they are finshed and ready-to-wear.
READY TO FINISH (RTF) is an industry first, whereby we combine the best elements of price, convenience of ready-to-wear (RTW) and the custom feel of made-to-order (MTO). The below applies to sartorial jackets, trousers, and full suits. The length of sleeves and base length of trousers remain unfinished to allow the wearer to customize its length (and tapering for trousers) at their discretion. Functionally speaking, we want you to feel as if you've had a say in how your clothing fits you - it allows for modifications not meant for traditional RTW garments by avoiding any waste in the production line where normally remaking and over production in sizing common place in mass production tailoring. All buttons are provided with every garment, but can be chosen from an archival selection by contacting us directly after purchase. *Note: Alterations outside of jacket sleeves and trouser length are an additional cost and are not included in our Finishing Service.
All shipping is calculated at checkout. We use two services, Fedex Priority and UPS Ground. Tracking numbers are generated automatically and will be updated via email with your order information and proposed garment finishing date. Shipping within Canada has a total delivery time of 3 - 5 business days from the garment finishing date. Hand delivery by Atelier's Finishing Service is available for orders in Montreal and Toronto. For International shipments we use Fedex Worldwide who provide customs clearance and door-to-door delivery service within 4-5 business days from your finishing date. Shipping rates will vary according to package size, weight and final destination. Duties and import taxes are determined by the customs agency within the destination country. Although charges are not always incurred, assessment of duties and taxes will be based on the value of the order and the tax-free threshold, if it exists, for goods imported into the destination country. Payment of any duties and import taxes is the responsibility of the recipient, and these fees are collected at the time of delivery.
As our Sartorial Garments come READY TO FINISH, we are happy to provide two ways of finishing your clothing. First: We can provide you with the name and contact information of a reputable tailor in your city to meet your needs. This service is free of charge. Second: Hand delivery by Atelier 1200's Finishing Service is available for orders in Montreal and Toronto. How it works: Our specialists arrange a fitting appointment with you for your purchased gament and adjust sleeve or trouser length to your specifications. The garment is then finished in the Atelier, and sent back to you through one of our shipping services. This comes at a flat fee of $85 CAD. *Note: Alterations outside of jacket sleeve length and trouser length are an additional cost and not included in our finishing service.